Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I'm on top of the world


Today was an amazing day. Our last day in Seoul and we decided to be complete tourists and walk up to Seoul Tower. Let me tell you- best decision yet! Abby, Kaleena, Jordan, Jeff (who just arrived yesterday) and I hopped on the subway and got off at the closest stop. We just started walking toward the huge mountain because we didn’t really know what we were doing, we just wanted to get to the top. At first we kind of got lost, but when we backtracked and decided to try the other way, we found exactly where we wanted to go. Except that it was literally the home of all stairs in the world. There were TONS of stairs… I should look to see if they know now many stairs it is to the top. So we just kept climbing and climbing, taking “photo” breaks along the way… but once we got to the top, we realized that it was well worth the pain. 









We ended up buying a lock to place on the fence and dedicated it to the ninjas, those of us who were there decided to sign the back. Then it was up to the top. The elevator ride was pretty hilarious, it had a TV on the ceiling that played a little movie that made it look like we were in a space ship or something along those lines. When we got out at the top, man we were blown away. You could see everything. It really didn’t even to Seoul justice because you couldn't see the boundaries, the buildings just kept going. But it did give you a feel of just how big the city is. I could’ve stayed forever, but we were all getting hungry and we had seen a bibimbop restaurant half way down the hill that we really wanted to try.














So we trekked back down the mountain and wandered into this restaurant with employees that kept laughing at me. When I ordered- laugh. When I picked up my food- laugh. But O well, I’ll probably never see them again, and I think I’ll just have to get used to it. 





Once we made it all the way back down, we stumbled into some shops in the Myongdong area of Seoul. It was actually kind of neat, and we ate some awesome street food. We then headed home and, instead of finding somewhere new to eat (we had, at this point, had Korean BBQ at least 3 times in 4 days), we ended up going to McDonalds, which was amazing (had to admit it)…. A great day to wrap up my stay in Seoul. 




Also, this is a great time to let you guys know I've decided on a theme song for my trip- On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment