Sunday, February 3, 2013

Things I'm going to miss

People keep asking me if I'm nervous about moving to Korea... and I can honestly say (for the most part) not really... I've been looking forward to this for years, and it is finally here... I'm leaving in 11 days... WOW... ELEVEN days... and I have so much to do (actually not really, I think I've done pretty good at getting my stuff done)...

But what I have started to become "nervous" about is missing some things from home... I have begun to realize that there are things that I'm going to miss quite a bit... aside from friends and family of course... because I'll definitely miss all of you, but I'll also get to talk to you so that will definitely help...

So for a list of things that I've come to realize that I'm really going to miss...

1. Friends and Family- yes I said "aside" from you guys, but you will always be #1 on my list...

2. My dog Charlie- I've started to realize that I'm REALLY going to miss her (even though she isn't "mine", but I won't get to talk to her, or give her hugs or kisses while I'm gone, and that's sad....

3. My electric blanket- I've been sleeping with my electric blanket on for the past week or so, and I've got to say, I seriously considered trying to figure out how to bring it with me... I like to stay VERY warm while I sleep and I know that Korean winters are notoriously cold, so I'm nervous that I'm going to be freezing while sleeping... which will not make for a happy Allie... hopefully I'm wrong, or I can at least find one when I get there...

4. My comfort food- I've realized recently that I really like fried foods... particularly fried chicken... I CRAVE breaded chicken (patties, strips, nuggets-- or BWW boneless chicken wings)... A LOT... I also like all kinds of pasta, and cheese, and bread... and I'm concerned that I won't be able to get my fill of these things when I'm in Korea...

5. My favorite Buffalo Wild Wings sauces- what am I going to do without Spicy Garlic, Parmesan Garlic, Honey BBQ and Asian Zing? I've been eating them non stop recently, but what will I do once I'm gone? I've considered bringing them with me, but I'm not sure if I will be cooking anything that would require (or be compatible with) any of the sauces... so I'll save the luggage space, and if I find that I can and would use them, I'll be asking one of my lovely friends or family members to send me some :)

6. Things being easy to accomplish- the first few months in Germany, any time I wanted to eat, cook, buy something in particular, or I got sick, everything was very difficult to figure out... I can only imagine how difficult it is going to be in a country where I can't even read the alphabet! This is definitely going to be a time of frustration and test of patience, and I might have to call on a few of my new friends to help, but I'll get through! (though I might have to rant and rave sometimes)

7. Darts and games- I love to play games. Board games, card games, you name it... I LOVE GAMES. I play darts all the time with my friends when we go out, and I play card games with my family... I'm going to miss playing games... kind of like I miss my game nights I used to have in college with my close circle of friends (and I guess I kind of miss the friends too)

8. Movie theaters- I wonder if I'll be able to find English movies playing in cinemas in Korea? Daegu is a decent size city... hummm.... I love going to the movie theater...

I'm sure there are a few other things I'll miss, but these were the ones off the top of my head (I might edit and add a few more- along with pictures of the ones I've posted now- but I have to go at the moment).... now that I've been all negative, I feel like I should write a post about things I'm looking forward to... humm, I'll have to take that into serious consideration...

No comments:

Post a Comment