Thursday, February 14, 2013

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...

Here I sit. Tampa International Airport. Waiting for my flight to Atlanta, then a quick layover before my flight to Seoul. Its finally here, SOUTH KOREA... After wrestling with my luggage, I did the best I could with what I was allowed. I ended up paying for a second bag (which was always expected) and for it to be overweight, so another $150 for 2 bags weighing 50 lbs and 70 lbs. But that is OK. I also have my rolling carry-on (that is "too bulky" so I had to remove some items and put them in my jacket pockets, etc.), my HUGE backpack (aka my "personal item") with my teddy bear attached to it, my pillow with a blanket folded inside the case, my sweatshirt and my 2 shell Northface jacket. A LOT of stuff... AND I had to leave a bunch of stuff for my parents to ship to me later. Oh well... I just have to keep telling myself that it isn't just for one year, it is for multiple years... and it isn't just a trip, I'm moving... My entire life...

But all of that is water under the bridge at this point... I'm at the airport... flying halfway across the world...

So I sit here, trying to keep it together, trying not to cry... MOM AND DAD on the other hand DID NOT KEEP IT TOGETHER... making it just that much harder for me to, so I blame them ;) I've gotten some great texts and Facebook comments this morning wishing me the best... I love my friends and family...

Anyway, I'm super excited to meet everyone in Seoul... If I have counted correctly, there will be 12 of us at the airport tomorrow night, that means probably around 36 bags of luggage... Oh wow, the shuttle driver is going to HATE us... I'm excited to get this adventure started though, very excited... Let's get this show on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment