Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Moving along....

Since I've passed my interview, now the only things I really have to worry about are getting my documents together... the one I'm really worried about is the apositlled background check, which is being processed, but a few others are still working as well. I just realized that I'm going to have to send a copy of my diploma to be notorized AND apostilled... but it has to get it's apostille from KENTUCKY... that's right... hours and hours away... so I'm going to work on that Friday morning ASAP...

I also called to check on my background check. I sent it in on October 31st, it was received November 2nd. I had to call to be sure that they authenticated it so I could get it apostilled (I had to fax a little cover letter in for it).... after 3 weeks and it isn't even in their system! Uh. I'm so impatient. But the girl seemed to think that it would be processed next week, so I get to call back then (I think I'm also going to call back Friday to be sure they received my fax).

In better news, I received my sealed transcripts and my proof of enrollment from my TEFL course. And I busted through 2 full lessons yesterday (and finished a revision on one that was not complete enough). So I'm going to try to get yet another one finished today.

And in other fun news, I've joined a Skype group chat of people that are in the same intake as me. We are all waiting on our documents (well, some have them finished, but they are there for support) and we are getting to know one another... It will be VERY nice to land half way across the world and actually know a few people... I can't wait to get to know everyone else!

Hopefully things keep moving along.... until then, I have to keep my motivation up and my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment