Friday, November 16, 2012

I've successfully passed!



The results are in (finally)-- I have successfully passed the interview!

After a grueling 3 and a half (no, not 2-3... 3 and a half) days of waiting... I finally received the email... I will be recommended to Korea's Offices of Education... I have been checking my phone non-stop for this email... nothing... nothing... nothing again... every time it buzzed... email?! Yes!!! From EPIK?! No :(  I went to bed last night around 3:30 am with nothing... but woke up at 6:30 to see an email from EPIK coordinator! I was so excited (though exhausted)... I only read the first few lines, being sure the email didn't read something along the lines of "Just kidding! Sorry you suck" (it would be my luck)... After I saw it was, in fact, a good email, I went back to sleep (but not before posting it on Facebook and texting a few friends- which I didn't even remember doing once I woke up again haha).

Now the fun begins... I have 9 documents that I have to gather...

  1. Hard copy of application (easily done after a few changes)
  2. Passport photo (to attach to the application)
  3. Passport copy (again, easily done)
  4. Background check (apostiled)-- sent in a request for the background check, but not sure I did it right, I'm going to go Monday to get more fingerprints and send in yet another request. Once I receive the background check, I have to send it back out and get it apostilled, which will be another ordeal
  5. Diploma (apostilled copy)-- I can get the copy of my diploma no problem, it is the apostilling part that might take some time
  6. Transcript (sealed)-- requested and on their way, plus extras
  7. 2 Letters of Recommendation-- done
  8. TEFL Certification copy-- I have to bring the original with me, but must submit proof of enrollment with the documents
  9. Sworn declaration-- swearing I will be finishing my certification in time
  10. Photocopies of all of the above (except for the sealed transcript) and it is recommended to make a set for myself as well
So after the weekend, I'll be working on getting all of this fun stuff together, as well as getting my butt in gear and working to get my TEFL certification class finished.

But all is well, EPIK accepted me and I'm just that much closer to getting to Korea!!

No comments:

Post a Comment