Saturday, August 10, 2013

Infinite World Tour

My last summer trip: a weekend in Seoul to fuel my new obsession… KPOP.

After a week of deskwarming, I hopped on the fast train to Seoul to meet up with Adrienne, who had flown in from Tokyo earlier that day. The next day was the event we both had been waiting for for a long time. The INFINITE concert. We were pumped. We even got shirts made from the shop in my college town that I picked up during the wedding trip.

Saturday we woke up and headed out shopping for a bit, taking advantage of the H&M and Forever 21, before we headed back to the hostel to get ready for the concert. 



The fans donate rice and the group gives it to charity

After a winding walk in the subway station, hopping off the wrong subway just in time (and Adrienne literally having to leap over an old lady and her luggage) then finally getting on the right subway, we were off! We realized we were on the right subway when other Infinite fans were surrounding us. We got off the subway and were immediately immersed in street venders trying to sell us merchandise. We really wanted glow sticks, but we waited to get closer to the concert where we picked up our tickets. Lesson #1: the good merchandise isn’t near the concert. In Korea, it is all sold out by the time you get there, so we were out of luck and had to end up buying cheap, generic glow sticks. We found our way inside and found our seats, where there were signs waiting for us for a “fan project”. We would hold up this particular sign when Infinite was singing their last song. As a surprise for the group members.

Inside the venue

Glow sticks- a must

There had also been a ton of “no cameras” signs everywhere, but I had planned on ignoring them and hoped not to get caught. If I did, what would they do? Scold me and tell me to put it away. I could deal with that. So I was trying to take a few sly pictures when I saw a security guard go over to another waygook, ask for her camera, then asked to follow her out of the concert. She never returned. Lesson #2: They will kick you out of the concert if you try to break their rules. So I kept my camera hidden the rest of the night and planned on borrowing pictures from the internet later.


My only 2 pictures


We enjoyed the concert so much. They are great live performers. They really engage the fans and try their best to make everyone happy. They threw signed paper planes to the crowd, they did “fan service” (basically hugging and joking with each other), one member “proposed” to a fan and gave her a ring and a flower and they even took selfies with fans’ camera phones. Wait, I thought no pictures allowed. Oh well. But it was a great concert. And when we held up the signs at the end, they all were really touched, some even crying.


Borrowed from the internet :)


It’s a big thing here apparently. Fan projects and making the members feel appreciated. Fans here even collect donations for the idols’ birthdays and send them a large amount of gifts. As if they don’t already have everything they will ever need.

Again, borrowed from the internet

After the concert was over, Adrienne and I headed out. Only to be greeted by a huge line for subway tickets. Lesson #3: Get your return ticket before the concert begins. We waited for EVER. And we were starving. But we had a great time. I hope to get to see them in concert again.

After the concert- happy girls!

The banners we held up on their last song- it says "I'll be waiting Infinite"

No comments:

Post a Comment