Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A (very) Quick Jump Across the Pond

My first trip was a (way too quick) trip home to America for my best friend's wedding. I shared my schedule with her as soon as I got to Korea and luckily my schedule lined up with hers, so I was able to attend. Unfortunately, I was only able to stay for 3 days. But a great 3 days.

It all began on Wednesday night when Kaleena and I went to the Michael Jackson Cirque du Soleil in Daegu... meaning I couldn't leave for the airport that night... it was an OK show, though I think we spent a little much on our seats, but you live you learn right? The performance wasn't the best in the world, but it was still fun so that's all that mattered...

Comfortable night express bus

Then I went home and finished packing and wasted a few hours before beginning the long journey home. It began with a taxi ride at 3 AM, then a 4 hour bus ride, waiting in Incheon airport, a flight to Tokyo (where I met some really nice Koreans that were visiting America for vacation), a layover in Tokyo, a flight to Houston, another layover, and my last flight to Nashville.

The awesome people I met on the plane

Once in Nashville, I got off the plane and was greeted by my wonderful mom who had taken a few days off from work to come to the wedding with me... I miss my mommy so much! We then went and got my luggage (which was nearly destroyed by the airline), got our rental car, and set off to Murray, with a quick pit stop in Clarksville for Buffalo Wild Wings (YUM) and shopping.


Buffalo Wild Wings!


When we got to Murray, Mom and I stayed up for a bit chit chatting and catching up. I showed her some pictures and talked about life in Korea, then we headed to bed.

The next day I got to spend time with Jen! I missed her so much and was so happy that we got to spend a little time together, even if it was just a few hours. We headed for breakfast and some shopping, and just hung out. Then we met up with Courtney for lunch at Matt B's (YUM AGAIN) then headed out to the lake to help out with the decorations and such. That evening we headed over to Patti's for the rehearsal dinner, then Courtney and I stayed with Jen :)

Matt B's


At the rehearsal dinner


The next day was the day of the wedding. It all went by so fast! Us girls headed to get our hair done and ate lunch at Dumplin's, then headed back to get ready for the wedding. The weather was beautiful (though a little hot) which made for an absolutely beautiful outdoor wedding. After, I got to see my friends, which was tons of fun. I missed them all so much, so we danced the night away.

Lunch at Dumplin's

Beautiful wedding 


My best friend

My favorite picture of the newlyweds 

Always having a good time

Murray Crew


Me and the Burzynskis

Fun times dancing

Sunday, Mom and I packed up and headed back to Nasvhille. We met up with my uncle and Papaw for lunch. It was great getting to see them again, and I know it made my Mom happy to see her dad and brother too. After lunch, we headed to shop for a bit, then ended up hanging out in the hotel room before getting a few hours of rest before our flights.

Lunch at Cracker Barrel with Papaw and Uncle Davey

The trip home was pretty much the same. I got home pretty late and had to work at 8:30 the next day. But surprisingly I didn't really have jet lag. Yeah I was a little tired, but it was the same type of tired that I have any other day in the Daegu heat.

Though some of my friends here would call me crazy for going home for 3 just days, I wouldn't change it for the world. Some people asked me why I didn't stay longer, which makes sense. But my mom had to go back to work and Jen was leaving for her honeymoon. Plus, it left me with some vacation time to spend during the rest of my vacation! I will always remember spending my best friend's big day with her. I love her so much and would do it again in a heart beat (but hopefully that won't be needed because I think David is pretty awesome).

But to all of my friends and family: I love you all and miss you all.

For more pictures from the wedding, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment