Thursday, June 20, 2013

Picking a team name

I recently did a game day with some of my classes where they have to choose a team name. It is incredible to see how difficult it is for them to understand the concept of choosing an ENGLISH team name... a lot of time they want to pick one of the student's names or something that is in Korean, but this is English class so I make them choose something in English. I tell them it can be anything... Purple Stars or Black Ninjas... anything they want... so at first I was expecting something along the line of Pretty Girls or Iron Man (some have come up with something like these) but it is so funny to see what they actually decide to choose.... here is a list of the names that I've remembered to write down after the classes.... I've grouped them into the class groups...

Playboy (in retrospect I probably should've made them change this)
Johnson (again, probably should've made them change this)
Passage
Alistar
Jelly Bean
Ryze Hair (it means bald, but I found this out after class)


Ah
Oh
Q
BBBig
Teletubby
Girls Generation (GG)


Goblin
Mafia
Kokomo
Farmer
Pig
Troll


Beak
Alistar
Sleepy
Bighead
Dragon Man
Texas


Challenger 
Perfect Man
Gentlemen
King of the Mountain
Bronze
Back Door


Marshmallow
Prada
Samsung
Pretty Girls
Star (literally a picture of a star, not the word)
Hannah Montana (can you guess the movie they watched during their speaking tests)


Yo
Woo
Ah!
Princess
Bagel Girls
Ho


Mini
Princess
Call
Foxy
Crystal
Rr


I Want You
Get Guy (I made them change it from Gay Bar)
Sexy Boys
Ugly Boys
Action Mask
Uncle


Wow! (the entire class would all scream "WOW!" when I gave them points)
Oh Yeah! (again, would scream "OH YEAH!")
Hey Guys
Peace
PG (short for Pretty Girls)
Yahoo


There are so many others, however I didn't write them all down... but I find their choices absolutely hilarious and wanted to share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment